Keep up-to-date with ISAL
Visit our Connect page for information on the various ways in which you can keep up-to-date with the latest news from the society, including our mailing list and social media channels.
We are now running a series on online seminars on Artificial Life. See seminars.alife.org for the upcoming schedule and links to previous recordings.
Introduction to artificial life
Some useful introductory materials are listed below. If you have any suggestions for additional material, please let us know!
- Biological Bits: A free eBook (iBook and PDF format) providing a great introduction to a wide variety of ALife-related topics, with a focus on computational work.
- The Wikipedia article on Artificial Life is a good place to find basic information about the subject and links to other resources.
- The Santa Fe Institute’s Complexity Explorer has information, tutorials, and online classes on a wide range of topics, many of which are related to ALife
Repository of artificial life teaching resources
We are building up a repository of teaching resources shared by members of the community and freely available for reuse and extension in your own classes.
The following subreddits are related to artificial life:
- alife subreddit (Artificial Life)
There is also a platform for discussing open-ended evolution here: https://openended.protolife.org/
News on artificial life from around the web
This website aggregates news stories on artificial life from the following websites:
- The BEACON Center for the Study of Evolution in Action
- MSU Digital Evolution Laboratory
- VIDA Art and Artificial Life International Awards
- Complexity Digest
If you have suggestions for other suitable news sources, please use the contact form to let us know.