The International Society for Artificial Life (ISAL) is calling for proposals to host the 2022 Conference on Artificial Life.
There are no geographic constraints on where the conference will be held, although some effort will be made to ensure that the conference moves to different regions of the world each year. Note that the conference will be held in Newcastle, UK in 2019, Montréal, Canada in 2020, and Prague, Czech Republic in 2021.
In order to ensure that conference organizers are adequately supported in their preparations, a representative from the organizing committee will be invited to attend monthly ISAL board meetings in the year leading up to the conference.
Interested parties should inform the ISAL Secretary (email@example.com) of their intention to submit a proposal as soon as possible. Proposals should be emailed to the ISAL Secretary by 1 June 2019.
Proposals are intended to be brief and to be used as a starting point for further discussions with the ISAL board. A typical proposal will be 2-4 pages and include a high-level description of each of the following items:
- WHO: Key members of the organizing committee
- WHAT: The main conference theme
- WHERE: Conference location (and likely facilities available at the target conference venue)
- WHEN: Approximate conference dates and duration
- WHY: Any other considerations (such as special events, external funding to be solicited, potential keynote speakers, concurrent/colocated meetings of other academic groups, or local attractions)
With best regards,