The International Society for Artificial Life (ISAL) is pleased to announce that nominations are open for the 2019 ISAL Awards. We want to encourage you to make nominations for any of the awards:
- The Lifetime Achievement Award will recognize an individual who has made profound contributions to the field of Artificial Life, influencing the work of many others and helping to shape the state of the art.
- The Distinguished Early-Career Investigator Award will recognize an individual who is early in their career (typically pre-tenure), but has already made important contributions to the field of Artificial Life.
- The Exceptional Service Award will recognize an ISAL member who has provided truly exceptional service to the field of Artificial Life by, for example, helping to organize the Artificial Life community, developing valuable resources, or facilitating administration of ISAL.
- The award for Outstanding Paper of 2018 will go to the authors of a paper published in any venue during the previous calendar year (2018) that shows significant potential to advance the field of Artificial Life.
- The award for Outstanding Paper of the Decade, 2004-2014 will go to the authors of an influential paper published in any venue from five to fifteen years ago (2004 through 2014) that has had a profound impact on the field of Artificial Life, as evidenced by follow-up research, citations, or attention brought to the field.
- The Education & Outreach Award will go to the authors of an outstanding project that either teaches about Artificial Life or uses Artificial Life techniques to teach about another topic, or inspires users to learn more on their own.
- The Outstanding Student Publication Award will go to a student or postdoc for a paper or other publication that they published while a student; any researcher who is still a student or within approximately three years of graduation is eligible. This award will be judged by a committee organized by the ISAL student group, ERA (Emerging Researchers In ALife).
To nominate candidates for any of these awards (including self-nominations) please go to: https://goo.gl/forms/ZtyxpQR3IvkO9izU2
Nominations are encouraged in any area of Artificial Life (including, but not limited to agent-based models, complex systems, evolutionary robotics, synthetic biology, biologically inspired art, or other aspects of life as it could be.)
Award recipients will be chosen by an independent committee of members of the Society, and will be announced at the Awards Ceremony at ALIFE 2019 in Newcastle, UK. Nominees are expected to be ISAL members upon accepting the nomination. Award winners will be privately notified ahead of time and are strongly encouraged to attend the conference.
Please submit all nominations by Sunday, March 24th, 2019 to guarantee full consideration. Feel free to contact ISAL with questions.